"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today expanded the approved use of Xgeva (denosumab) to treat adults and some adolescents with giant cell tumor of the bone (GCTB), a rare and usually non-cancerous tumor.
GCTB generally occurs in a"...
It is a contraindication to use this or any other related vaccine after a serious adverse event temporally associated with a previous dose including an anaphylactic reaction.
If a contraindication to using tetanus toxoid (tetanus (tetanus toxoid) toxoid) -containing preparations exists in a person who has not completed a primary immunizing course of tetanus toxoid (tetanus (tetanus toxoid) toxoid) and other than a clean, minor wound is sustained, only passive immunization should be given using TIG (Human).2
Elective immunization should be deferred during the course of any febrile illness or acute infection. A minor afebrile illness such as a mild upper respiratory infection should not preclude immunization.2
Elective immunization procedures should be deferred during an outbreak of poliomyelitis.8
It is a contraindication to use this or any other related vaccine after a serious adverse reaction temporally associated with a previous dose, including an anaphylactic reaction.
2. Recommendations of the Immunization Practices Advisory Committee (ACIP). Diphtheria, Tetanus (tetanus toxoid) , and Pertussis: Recommendations for vaccine use and other preventive measures. MMWR 40:No. RR-10, 1991
5. Report on the Committee of Infectious Diseases, ed 25. Elk Grove Village, IL. American Academy of Pediatrics, 2000
8. Wilson GS. The Hazards of Immunization. Provocation poliomyelitis:270-274, 1967
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/6/2006
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Tetanus Information
- Tetanus Drug Interactions Center: tetanus toxoid fluid inj
- Tetanus Side Effects Center
- Tetanus FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.