Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed
"Make sure your child gets all doses of Hib vaccine for best protection against Hib disease. Hib bacteria can cause severe diseases like meningitis (an infection of the fluid and lining around the brain and spinal cord).
How Can I Prote"...
Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed
Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is tetanus toxoid vaccine (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
- What are the possible side effects of tetanus toxoid vaccine (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
- What is the most important information I should know about tetanus toxoid vaccine (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before receiving tetanus toxoid vaccine (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
- How are tetanus toxoid vaccine administered (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
- What happens if I overdose (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
- What should I avoid before or after getting tetanus toxoid vaccine (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
- What other drugs will affect tetanus toxoid vaccine (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
Contact your doctor if a dose of tetanus toxoid vaccine is missed.
What happens if I overdose (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
An overdose of tetanus toxoid vaccine is unlikely to occur.
What should I avoid before or after getting tetanus toxoid vaccine (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
There are no restrictions on food, beverages, or activity before or after receiving the tetanus toxoid vaccine.
What other drugs will affect tetanus toxoid vaccine (Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed)?
Talk to your doctor before receiving tetanus toxoid vaccine if you are taking any of the following medications that may affect the immune system:
- an oral or injectable steroid medication such as betamethasone (Celestone), cortisone (Cortone), dexamethasone (Decadron, Dexone), hydrocortisone (Cortef, Hydrocortone), methylprednisolone (Medrol), prednisolone (Prelone, Pediapred), prednisone (Orasone, Deltasone, others), or triamcinolone (Aristocort);
- an inhaled or nasal steroid such as beclomethasone (Qvar, Beclovent, Beconase, Vanceril, Vancenase), budesonide (Pulmicort, Rhinocort), flunisolide (Aerobid, Nasalide, Nasarel), fluticasone (Flovent, Flonase), mometasone (Nasonex), or triamcinolone (Azmacort, Nasacort);
- treatment for cancer with chemotherapy (medication), radiation, or x-rays;
- azathioprine (Imuran);
- basiliximab (Simulect);
- cyclosporine (Sandimmune, Neoral, Gengraf);
- etanercept (Enbrel);
- leflunomide (Arava);
- muromonab-CD3 (Orthoclone);
- mycophenolate mofetil (CellCept);
- sirolimus (Rapamune); or
- tacrolimus (Prograf).
It may not be recommended to receive tetanus toxoid vaccine if you are taking any of the medications listed above.
Where can I get more information?
Your doctor or pharmacist may have additional information or suggest additional resources regarding tetanus toxoid vaccines.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 2.02. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed Information
Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed - User Reviews
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.