"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Lymphoseek (technetium Tc 99m tilmanocept) Injection, a radioactive diagnostic imaging agent that helps doctors locate lymph nodes in patients with breast cancer or melanoma who are undergoing "...
thiotepa Side Effects Center
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
What is Patient Information in Detail?
Easy-to-read and understand detailed drug information and pill images for the patient or caregiver from Cerner Multum.
thiotepa in Detail - Patient Information: Side Effects
If you experience any of the following serious side effects from thiotepa, seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
- an allergic reaction (including difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- decreased bone marrow function and blood problems (extreme fatigue; easy bruising or bleeding; black, bloody or tarry stools; or fever, chills, or signs of infection);
- tissue or vein reactions near the site of administration;
- liver damage (abdominal pain, yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- severe nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite;
- fever, chills, or other signs of infection; or
- painful or difficult urination.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue taking thiotepa and talk to your doctor if you experience:
- fatigue or weakness;
- mild to moderate nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite;
- redness or inflammation of the eyes;
- dizziness, headache, or blurred vision;
- temporary hair loss;
- a loss of skin coloration; or
- decreased menstruation in women and decreased sperm production in men.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the entire detailed patient monograph for thiotepa (Thiotepa Injection) »
What is Prescribing information?
The FDA package insert formatted in easy-to-find categories for health professionals and clinicians.
thiotepa FDA Prescribing Information: Side Effects
Renal: Dysuria, urinary retention. There have been rare reports of chemical cystitis or hemorrhagic cystitis following intravesical, but not parenteral administration of thiotepa (thiotepa (thiotepa injection) injection) .
Respiratory: Prolonged apnea has been reported when succinylcholine was administered prior to surgery, following combined use of thiotepa (thiotepa (thiotepa injection) injection) and other anticancer agents. It was theorized that this was caused by decrease of pseudocholinesterase activity caused by the anticancer drugs.
Special Senses: Conjunctivitis.
Reproductive: Amenorrhea, interference with spermatogenesis.
Read the entire FDA prescribing information for thiotepa (Thiotepa Injection) »
Additional Thiotepa Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.