In this Article
- What other names is Threonine known by?
- What is Threonine?
- How does Threonine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Threonine.
Medications used for Alzheimer's disease (NMDA antagonists)
Interaction Rating: Major Do not take this combination.
There is some concern that threonine might decrease how well a medication used for Alzheimer's disease works. This medication is called memantine (Namenda).
- For a certain movement disorder due to spinal cord damage (spinal spasticity): 6 grams of threonine per day.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.