In this Article
- What other names is Thuja known by?
- What is Thuja?
- How does Thuja work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Thuja.
Thuja products can contain a chemical called thujone. Thujone can cause low blood pressure, asthma, seizures, and death.
Do not take thuja if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have seizures or epilepsy.
- You have an immune system disorder such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or other immune system conditions called "autoimmune disease."
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.