"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved the MemoryShape Breast Implant to increase breast size (augmentation) for use in women at least 22 years old and to rebuild breast tissue (reconstruction) in women of any age. The MemoryShape B"...
Tigan Injection Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Tigan
Generic Name: trimethobenzamide (Pronunciation: trye METH oh BENZ a mide)
- What is trimethobenzamide (Tigan Injection)?
- What are the possible side effects of trimethobenzamide (Tigan Injection)?
- What is the most important information I should know about trimethobenzamide (Tigan Injection)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking trimethobenzamide (Tigan Injection)?
- How should I take trimethobenzamide (Tigan Injection)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Tigan Injection)?
- What happens if I overdose (Tigan Injection)?
- What should I avoid while taking trimethobenzamide (Tigan Injection)?
- What other drugs will affect trimethobenzamide (Tigan Injection)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is trimethobenzamide (Tigan Injection)?
Trimethobenzamide affects the areas of the brain that stimulate nausea and vomiting.
Trimethobenzamide is used to treat nausea and vomiting.
Trimethobenzamide may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Tigan 250 mg
blue, imprinted with TIGAN, ROBERTS 187
What are the possible side effects of trimethobenzamide (Tigan Injection)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- seizure (convulsions);
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- tremor (uncontrolled shaking); or
- muscle cramps, severe muscle spasms.
Continue using trimethobenzamide and talk with your doctor if you have any of these less serious side effects:
- drowsiness or dizziness;
- feeling depressed or disoriented; or
- blurred vision.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Tigan Injection (trimethobenzamide hydrochloride injectable) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about trimethobenzamide (Tigan Injection)?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine. Symptoms of a trimethobenzamide overdose may include drowsiness, uncontrollable movements, muscle spasms, blurred vision, seizures or convulsions, difficulty breathing, and death.
Trimethobenzamide may increase the side effects of other drugs that make you sleepy (such as alcohol, cold medicine, pain medication, muscle relaxants, and medicine for seizures, depression or anxiety). Before using trimethobenzamide, tell your doctor if you are using any of these medicines.
Trimethobenzamide can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Avoid drinking alcohol while you are using trimethobenzamide. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness.
Additional Tigan Injection Information
- Tigan Injection Drug Interactions Center: trimethobenzamide im
- Tigan Injection Side Effects Center
- Tigan Injection Overview including Precautions
- Tigan Injection FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Tigan Injection - User Reviews
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.