"Most of us share a common color vision sensory experience. Some people, however, have a color vision deficiency, which means their perception of colors is different from what most of us see. The most severe forms of these deficiencies are refer"...
Instructions for Use
(timolol maleate ophthalmic gel forming solution) 0.25% and 0.5%
Read this Instructions for Use that comes with TIMOPTIC-XE before you start using it and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. This information does not take the place of talking with your doctor about your medical condition or treatment.
Important information about TIMOPTIC-XE:
- Use TIMOPTIC-XE exactly as your doctor tells you to use it. Your doctor will tell you how much TIMOPTIC-XE to use and when to use it.
- If you use other medicines in your eye, wait at least 10 minutes between using TIMOPTIC-XE and your other eye medicines.
- Do not touch your eye or areas around your eye with the tip of the TIMOPTICXE bottle. You may get bacteria on the tip of the bottle that can cause you to get an eye infection that can lead to serious eye damage or vision loss.
How should I use TIMOPTIC-XE?
Step 1. Wash your hands.
Step 2. Turn your closed bottle of TIMOPTIC-XE upside down (invert) and shake once.
Step 3. Remove the TIMOPTIC-XE cap by turning the cap in the direction of the arrows shown (See Figure A). Put the cap in a clean and dry area. Do not let the tip of the bottle touch your fingers or other surfaces.
Step 4. Hold the bottle between your thumb and index finger with 1 hand. Use the index finger of the other hand to pull down the lower eyelid to form a pocket for the eye drop (See Figure B).Tilt your head backwards.
Step 5. Place the tip of the bottle close to your eye. Be careful not to touch your eye with the tip of the bottle. Gently squeeze the bottle and let 1 drop fall into the space between your lower eyelid and your eye (See Figure C). If a drop misses your eye, follow the instructions in steps 4 and 5 again.
Step 6. If your doctor has told you to use TIMOPTIC-XE in both eyes, repeat steps 4 and 5 for your other eye.
Step 7. Put the cap back on the bottle and close.
- The TIMOPTIC-XE bottle tip is made to give 1 drop at a time. Do not try to make the hole in the tip of your bottle bigger.
- Do not wash the bottle tip.
- After you have used all of your TIMOPTIC-XE doses, there will be some TIMOPTIC-XE left in the bottle. Do not try to remove the extra TIMOPTIC-XE from the bottle. Throw it away.
How should I store TIMOPTIC-XE?
- Store TIMOPTIC-XE at room temperature between 59°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C) in an upright position.
- Do not freeze TIMOPTIC-XE.
- Keep TIMOPTIC-XE out of light.
Keep TIMOPTIC-XE and all medicines out of the reach of children.
If you would like more information, talk with your doctor. You can ask your pharmacist or doctor for more information about TIMOPTIC-XE that is written for health professionals.
Last reviewed on RxList: 10/22/2015
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Timoptic-XE Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.