"Urinary incontinence (UI) in men facts
*Urinary incontinence (UI) in men facts Medically Edited by: Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD
- The definition of urinary incontinence in men is the unintentional loss of urine. Wea"...
Toviaz Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Toviaz
Generic Name: fesoterodine (Pronunciation: FES oh TER oh deen)
- What is fesoterodine (Toviaz)?
- What are the possible side effects of fesoterodine (Toviaz)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fesoterodine (Toviaz)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking fesoterodine (Toviaz)?
- How should I take fesoterodine (Toviaz)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Toviaz)?
- What happens if I overdose (Toviaz)?
- What should I avoid while taking fesoterodine (Toviaz)?
- What other drugs will affect fesoterodine (Toviaz)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is fesoterodine (Toviaz)?
Fesoterodine reduces spasms of the bladder muscles.
Fesoterodine is used to treat overactive bladder with symptoms of urinary frequency, urgency, and incontinence.
Fesoterodine may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Toviaz 4 mg
oval, blue, imprinted with FS
Toviaz 8 mg
oval, blue, imprinted with FT
What are the possible side effects of fesoterodine (Toviaz)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using fesoterodine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- chest pain, fast or uneven heart rate;
- swelling of your hands or feet;
- urinating less than usual or not at all; or
- painful or difficult urination.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dry mouth, dry eyes;
- blurred vision;
- dizziness, drowsiness;
- stomach pain or upset;
- cough, dry throat;
- back pain; or
- sleep problems (insomnia).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Toviaz (fesoterodine fumarate extended-release tablets) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about fesoterodine (Toviaz)?
You should not take this medication if you are allergic to fesoterodine or tolterodine (Detrol), if you have uncontrolled glaucoma, or if you have a blockage of the urinary tract, stomach, or intestines.
Before you take fesoterodine, tell your doctor if you have glaucoma, urination problems, liver or kidney disease, myasthenia gravis, or severe constipation.
Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Fesoterodine may cause blurred vision or impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Fesoterodine can decrease perspiration and you may be more prone to heat stroke.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of fesoterodine.
Additional Toviaz Information
Toviaz - User Reviews
Toviaz User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.