"Dec. 14, 2012 -- Drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering blood pressure, according to a new study.
The study shows that within hours of drinking it, beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure (the top n"...
Tracleer Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is Bosentan (Tracleer)?
- What are the possible side effects of bosentan (Tracleer)?
- What is the most important information I should know about bosentan (Tracleer)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking bosentan (Tracleer)?
- How should I take bosentan (Tracleer)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Tracleer)?
- What happens if I overdose (Tracleer)?
- What should I avoid while using bosentan (Tracleer)?
- What other drugs will affect bosentan (Tracleer)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Tracleer)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at the next regularly scheduled time. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Tracleer)?
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine.
Overdose can cause headache, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate and fainting or dizziness (low blood pressure).
What should I avoid while using bosentan (Tracleer)?
Follow your doctor's instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity while you are using bosentan.
What other drugs will affect bosentan (Tracleer)?
Do not take bosentan without first talking to your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone);
- diltiazem (Tiazac, Cartia, Cardizem);
- erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin);
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate, Rimactane);
- tacrolimus (Prograf);
- an antifungal medication such as ketoconazole (Nizoral), fluconazole (Diflucan), or itraconazole (Sporanox);
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin); or
- a cholesterol-lowering medicine such as simvastatin (Zocor), lovastatin (Mevacor), or atorvastatin (Lipitor).
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs not listed that can affect bosentan. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your doctor or pharmacist can provide more information about bosentan.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 5.02. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Tracleer Information
- Tracleer Drug Interactions Center: bosentan oral
- Tracleer Side Effects Center
- Tracleer Overview including Precautions
- Tracleer FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Tracleer - User Reviews
Tracleer User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on handling your hypertension.