In this Article
- What other names is Tragacanth known by?
- What is Tragacanth?
- How does Tragacanth work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Tragacanth.
Medications taken by mouth (Oral drugs)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Tragacanth is a thick gel. Tragacanth can stick to medications in the stomach and intestines. Taking tragacanth at the same time as medications that you take by mouth can decrease how much medication your body absorbs, and decrease the effectiveness of your medication. To prevent this interaction, take tragacanth at least one hour after medications you take by mouth.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.