"Dec. 14, 2012 -- Drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering blood pressure, according to a new study.
The study shows that within hours of drinking it, beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure (the top n"...
Trandate Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Normodyne, Trandate
Generic Name: labetalol (Pronunciation: la BAY ta lol)
- What is labetalol (Trandate)?
- What are the possible side effects of labetalol (Trandate)?
- What is the most important information I should know about labetalol (Trandate)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking labetalol (Trandate)?
- How should I take labetalol (Trandate)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Trandate)?
- What happens if I overdose (Trandate)?
- What should I avoid while taking labetalol (Trandate)?
- What other drugs will affect labetalol (Trandate)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is labetalol (Trandate)?
Labetalol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Labetalol is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Labetalol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Labetalol 100 mg-EON
round, white, imprinted with E 10
Labetalol 100 mg-IVA
round, yellow, imprinted with 100, LOGO 4364
Labetalol 100 mg-WAT
round, beige, imprinted with WATSON 605
Labetalol 200 mg-EON
round, white, imprinted with E117
Labetalol 200 mg-IVA
round, white, imprinted with LOGO 4365, 200
Labetalol 200 mg-WAT
round, white, imprinted with WATSON 606
Labetalol 300 mg-EON
round, white, imprinted with E 118
Labetalol 300 mg-IVA
round, green, imprinted with 300, LOGO 4366
Labetalol 300 mg-WAT
round, blue, imprinted with WATSON 607
What are the possible side effects of labetalol (Trandate)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- slow or uneven heartbeats;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling or rapid weight gain; or
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- tingly feeling in your scalp;
- dizziness, spinning sensation;
- mild nausea, upset stomach;
- tired feeling;
- stuffy nose; or
- difficulty having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Trandate (labetalol) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about labetalol (Trandate)?
Do not stop taking labetalol without first talking to your doctor. Stopping suddenly may make your condition worse.
If you need surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are using labetalol. You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time.
Labetalol can affect your pupils during cataract surgery. Tell your eye surgeon ahead of time that you are using this medication. Do not stop using labetalol before surgery unless your surgeon tells you to.
Labetalol may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Keep using this medicine as directed, even if you feel well. High blood pressure often has no symptoms. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
Labetalol is only part of a complete program of treatment for hypertension that may also include diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely if you are being treated for hypertension.
Additional Trandate Information
- Trandate Drug Interactions Center: labetalol oral
- Trandate Side Effects Center
- Trandate Overview including Precautions
- Trandate FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Trandate - User Reviews
Trandate User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.