"Jan. 4, 2013 -- A new study from Australia may offer a new way of identifying people at risk of glaucoma years before vision loss happens.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. But because vision damage often occurs gradually, mos"...
Travatan Z Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Travatan, Travatan Z
Generic Name: travoprost ophthalmic (Pronunciation: TRA voe prost off THAL mik)
- What is travoprost ophthalmic (Travatan Z)?
- What are the possible side effects of travoprost ophthalmic (Travatan Z)?
- What is the most important information I should know about travoprost ophthalmic (Travatan Z)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before using travoprost ophthalmic (Travatan Z)?
- How should I use travoprost ophthalmic (Travatan Z)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Travatan Z)?
- What happens if I overdose (Travatan Z)?
- What should I avoid while using travoprost ophthalmic (Travatan Z)?
- What other drugs will affect travoprost ophthalmic (Travatan Z)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is travoprost ophthalmic (Travatan Z)?
Travoprost ophthalmic (for the eye) reduces pressure in the eye by increasing the amount of fluid that drains from the eye.
Travoprost ophthalmic is used to treat certain types of glaucoma and other causes of high pressure inside the eye.
Travoprost ophthalmic may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of travoprost ophthalmic (Travatan Z)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using travoprost ophthalmic and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- redness, swelling, itching, or pain in or around your eye;
- oozing or discharge from your eye;
- increased sensitivity to light;
- vision changes; or
- chest pain.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild eye discomfort;
- feeling like something is in your eye;
- blurred vision;
- dry or watery eyes; or
- stinging or burning of the eyes after using the drops.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Travatan Z (travoprost ophthalmic solution) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about travoprost ophthalmic (Travatan Z)?
Travoprost ophthalmic may cause a gradual change in the color of your eyes or eyelids and lashes, as well as increased growth or thickness of your eyelashes. These color changes, usually an increase in brown pigment, occur slowly and you may not notice them for months or years. Color changes may be permanent even after your treatment ends, and may occur only in the eye being treated. This could result in a cosmetic difference in eye or eyelash color from one eye to the other.
Do not allow the dropper to touch any surface, including the eyes or hands. If the dropper becomes contaminated it could cause an infection in your eye, which can lead to vision loss or serious damage to the eye.
After using this medication, wait at least 5 minutes before using any other eye drops that your doctor has prescribed.
Additional Travatan Z Information
- Travatan Z Drug Interactions Center: travoprost opht
- Travatan Z Side Effects Center
- Travatan Z Overview including Precautions
- Travatan Z FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Travatan Z - User Reviews
Travatan Z User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.