"Scientists at the National Institutes of Health report they have discovered in mouse studies that a small molecule released in the spinal cord triggers a process that is later experienced in the brain as the sensation of itch.
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Patients using topical corticosteroids should receive the following information and instructions:
- This medication is to be used as directed by the physician.It is for external use only.Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Patients should be advised not to use this medication for any disorder other than for which it was prescribed.
- The treated skin area should not be bandaged or otherwise covered or wrapped as to be occlusive unless directed by the physician.
- Patients should report any signs of local adverse reactions especially under occlusive dressing.
- Parents of pediatric patients should be advised not to use tight fitting diapers or plastic pants on a child being treated in the diaper area, as these garments may constitute occlusive dressings.
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/26/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Triamcinolone Lotion Information
Triamcinolone Ointment - User Reviews
Triamcinolone Ointment User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.