"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today notified Ranbaxy Laboratories, Ltd., that it is prohibited from manufacturing and distributing active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) from its facility in Toansa, India, for FDA-regulated drug product"...
Patients should be advised:
- of the potential benefits and risks of Triglide.
- not to use Triglide if there is a known hypersensitivity to fenofibrate or fenofibric acid.
- of medications that should not be taken in combination with Triglide.
- that if they are taking coumarin anticoagulants, Triglide may increase their anti-coagulant effect, and increased monitoring may be necessary.
- to inform their physician of all medications, supplements, and herbal preparations they are taking and any change in their medical condition.
- to inform a physician prescribing a new medication, that they are taking Triglide.
- to continue to follow an appropriate lipid-modifying diet while taking Triglide.
- to take Triglide once daily at the prescribed dose, swallowing each tablet whole.
- to inform their physician of any muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness; onset of abdominal pain; or any other new symptoms.
- to return to their physician's office for routine monitoring.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/15/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Triglide Information
Triglide - User Reviews
Triglide User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.