In this Article
- What other names is Trypsin known by?
- What is Trypsin?
- How does Trypsin work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Trypsin.
Do not use trypsin if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- For osteoarthritis: two tablets of a combination product (Phlogenzym) which contains 100 mg of rutin, 48 mg of trypsin, and 90 mg of bromelain three times daily.
- For wound healing: particular products (Dermuspray, Granulderm, Granulex, and GranuMed) containing trypsin, Peru balsam, and castor oil are FDA-approved prescription products.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options