In this Article
- What other names is Trypsin known by?
- What is Trypsin?
- How does Trypsin work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Trypsin.
Do not use trypsin if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- For osteoarthritis: two tablets of a combination product (Phlogenzym) which contains 100 mg of rutin, 48 mg of trypsin, and 90 mg of bromelain three times daily.
- For wound healing: particular products (Dermuspray, Granulderm, Granulex, and GranuMed) containing trypsin, Peru balsam, and castor oil are FDA-approved prescription products.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options