In this Article
- What other names is Turmeric known by?
- What is Turmeric?
- How does Turmeric work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Turmeric.
Do not take turmeric if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have gallbladder disease.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Turmeric might increase the risk of bleeding.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.