- What other names is Turmeric known by?
- What is Turmeric?
- How does Turmeric work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Turmeric.
Possibly Effective for...
- Upset stomach (dyspepsia).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Jaundice, hepatitis, diarrhea, fibromyalgia, liver and gallbladder problems, headache, menstrual problems, pain, ringworm, bruising, eye infections, skin problems, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), cancer, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Turmeric work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.