- Inform vaccine recipients of the potential benefits and risks of immunization with TWINRIX.
- Emphasize, when educating vaccine recipients regarding potential side effects, that components of TWINRIX cannot cause hepatitis A or hepatitis B infection.
- Instruct vaccine recipients to report any adverse events to their healthcare provider.
- Inform that safety and efficacy have not been established in pregnant women.
- Give vaccine recipients the Vaccine Information Statements, which are required by the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 to be given prior to immunization. These materials are available free of charge at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website (www.cdc.gov/vaccines).
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/2/2015
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Twinrix Information
Twinrix - User Reviews
Twinrix User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.