"Nov. 1, 2012 -- Having even mildly elevated blood pressure at midlife prematurely ages the brain, a new study shows.
Researchers say the early changes seen with higher blood pressure may set the stage for problems with thinking, memor"...
Twynsta Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- What are the possible side effects of amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- What is the most important information I should know about amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- How should I take amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Twynsta)?
- What happens if I overdose (Twynsta)?
- What should I avoid while taking amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- What other drugs will affect amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Twynsta)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Twynsta)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while taking amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Do not use potassium supplements or salt substitutes while you are taking amlodipine and telmisartan, unless your doctor has told you to.
What other drugs will affect amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
Tell your doctor about all medicines you use, and those you start or stop using during your treatment with amlodipine and telmisartan, especially:
- a diuretic or "water pill";
- rifabutin, rifapentine, rifampin;
- St. John's wort;
- an ACE inhibitor--benazepril, captopril, enalapril, fosinopril, lisinopril, moexipril, perindopril, quinapril, ramipril, trandolapril;
- a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib, diclofenac, indomethacin, meloxicam, and others;
- HIV medication--efavirenz or nevirapine; or
- seizure medication--carbamazepine, fosphenytoin, oxcarbazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone.
This list is not complete. Other drugs may interact with amlodipine and telmisartan, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible interactions are listed in this medication guide.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about amlodipine and telmisartan.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 6.01. Revision date: 2/2/2013.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Twynsta Information
Twynsta - User Reviews
Twynsta User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on handling your hypertension.