"Dec. 18, 2012 -- People who can't get their high blood pressure down with drugs may be helped by a new procedure that deactivates overactive nerves in the kidneys, a small study shows.
The procedure is already available in Europe and "...
Twynsta Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- What are the possible side effects of amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- What is the most important information I should know about amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- How should I take amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Twynsta)?
- What happens if I overdose (Twynsta)?
- What should I avoid while taking amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- What other drugs will affect amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to amlodipine (Norvasc) or telmisartan (Micardis).
If you have diabetes or kidney disease, you may not be able to take amlodipine and telmisartan if you are also taking a blood pressure medication that contains aliskiren (Amturnide, Tekturna, Tekamlo, or Valturna).
To make sure amlodipine and telmisartan is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis);
- liver disease;
- heart disease;
- an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood); or
- if you are on a low-salt diet.
FDA pregnancy category D. Do not use if you are pregnant. Stop using and tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant. Amlodipine and telmisartan can cause injury or death to the unborn baby if you take the medicine during your second or third trimester. Use effective birth control.
It is not known whether amlodipine and telmisartan passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are using this medication.
How should I take amlodipine and telmisartan (Twynsta)?
Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
You may take this medication with or without food. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
You may have very low blood pressure while taking this medication. Call your doctor if you are sick with vomiting or diarrhea, or if you are sweating more than usual.
Your blood pressure will need to be checked often. You may also need frequent blood tests.
Keep using this medication even if you feel fine. High blood pressure often has no symptoms.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep each tablet in the blister pack until you are ready to take one.
Additional Twynsta Information
Twynsta - User Reviews
Twynsta User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.