"June 1, 2010 -- More children's medicines -- four products sold under the PediaCare brand name -- have been recalled.
All four of the over-the-counter medications were made in Johnson & Johnson's troubled McNeil plant in Pennsylvani"...
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if:
- adult takes more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- child takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days in adults
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days in children under 12 years
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Ask a doctor before use if the user has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the user is taking blood thinning drug warfarin.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/16/2016
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Tylenol Information
Tylenol - User Reviews
Tylenol User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.