"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate) capsules to treat adults with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS).
MS is a chronic, inflammatory, autoimmune disease of the central nervous system"...
Tysabri Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is natalizumab (Tysabri)?
- What are the possible side effects of natalizumab (Tysabri)?
- What is the most important information I should know about natalizumab (Tysabri)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before receiving natalizumab (Tysabri)?
- How is natalizumab given (Tysabri)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Tysabri)?
- What happens if I overdose (Tysabri)?
- What should I avoid while receiving natalizumab (Tysabri)?
- What other drugs will affect natalizumab (Tysabri)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Tysabri)?
Contact your doctor if you miss an appointment for your natalizumab injection.
What happens if I overdose (Tysabri)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while receiving natalizumab (Tysabri)?
Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Tell your doctor at once if you develop signs of infection.
What other drugs will affect natalizumab (Tysabri)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially drugs that may affect the immune system such as:
- drugs that weaken your immune system (such as cancer medicine or steroids);
- cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune, Gengraf);
- mercaptopurine (Purinethol);
- methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall);
- mycophenolate mofetil (CellCept);
- azathioprine (Imuran), leflunomide (Arava), etanercept (Enbrel);
- basiliximab (Simulect), muromonab-CD3 (Orthoclone);
- interferon (Roferon, Intron, Rebetron, Alferon, Avonex, Rebif, Betaseron, or Actimmune); or
- sirolimus (Rapamune), tacrolimus (Prograf).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with natalizumab. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your doctor or pharmacist can provide more information about natalizumab.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 7.01. Revision date: 4/4/2012.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Tysabri Information
- Tysabri Drug Interactions Center: natalizumab iv
- Tysabri Side Effects Center
- Tysabri Overview including Precautions
- Tysabri FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Tysabri - User Reviews
Tysabri User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.