"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Hysingla ER (hydrocodone bitartrate), an extended-release (ER) opioid analgesic to treat pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which alternat"...
- Do not take ULTRACET® if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- If you develop signs of allergy such as a rash or difficulty breathing, stop taking ULTRACET® and contact your healthcare provider immediately.
- Do not take more than 4,000 milligrams of acetaminophen per day. Call your doctor if you took more than the recommended dose.
- Do not take ULTRACET® in combination with other tramadol or acetaminophen-containing products, including over-the-counter preparations.
- ULTRACET® may cause seizures and/or serotonin syndrome with concomitant use of serotonergic agents (including SSRIs, SNRIs, and triptans) or drugs that significantly reduce the metabolic clearance of tramadol.
- ULTRACET® may impair mental or physical abilities required for the performance of potentially hazardous tasks such as driving a car or operating machinery.
- ULTRACET® should not be taken concomitantly with alcohol-containing beverages during the course of treatment with ULTRACET®.
- ULTRACET® should be used with caution when taking medications such as tranquilizers, hypnotics, or other opiate-containing analgesics.
- Inform the physician if you are pregnant, think you might become pregnant, or are trying to become pregnant (see PRECAUTIONS, Labor and Delivery).
- Understand the single-dose and 24-hour dose limit and the time interval between doses, since exceeding these recommendations can result in respiratory depression, seizures, hepatic toxicity, and deatah.
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/4/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ultracet Information
Ultracet - User Reviews
Ultracet User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.