"Types (classes) of pain medication
Pain medications are drugs used to relieve discomfort associated with disease, injury, or surgery. Because the pain process is complex, there are many types of pain drugs that provide relief by acting "...
- Do not take ULTRACET® if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- If you develop signs of allergy such as a rash or difficulty breathing, stop taking ULTRACET® and contact your healthcare provider immediately.
- Do not take more than 4,000 milligrams of acetaminophen per day. Call your doctor if you took more than the recommended dose.
- Do not take ULTRACET® in combination with other tramadol or acetaminophen-containing products, including over-the-counter preparations.
- ULTRACET® may cause seizures and/or serotonin syndrome with concomitant use of serotonergic agents (including SSRIs, SNRIs, and triptans) or drugs that significantly reduce the metabolic clearance of tramadol.
- ULTRACET® may impair mental or physical abilities required for the performance of potentially hazardous tasks such as driving a car or operating machinery.
- ULTRACET® should not be taken concomitantly with alcohol-containing beverages during the course of treatment with ULTRACET®.
- ULTRACET® should be used with caution when taking medications such as tranquilizers, hypnotics, or other opiate-containing analgesics.
- Inform the physician if you are pregnant, think you might become pregnant, or are trying to become pregnant (see PRECAUTIONS, Labor and Delivery).
- Understand the single-dose and 24-hour dose limit and the time interval between doses, since exceeding these recommendations can result in respiratory depression, seizures, hepatic toxicity, and deatah.
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/4/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ultracet Information
Ultracet - User Reviews
Ultracet User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.