"For what conditions are pain medications used?
Virtually any disease as well as most injuries and surgical procedures involve some degree of pain. It's not surprising, then, that pain medications, also known as analgesics, are among t"...
Ultracet Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Ultracet
Generic Name: acetaminophen and tramadol (Pronunciation: a SEET a MIN o fen and TRAM a dol)
- What is acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet)?
- What are the possible side effects of acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet)?
- What is the most important information I should know about acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet)?
- How should I take acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Ultracet)?
- What happens if I overdose (Ultracet)?
- What should I avoid while taking acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet)?
- What other drugs will affect acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet)?
Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever. Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of tramadol.
The combination of acetaminophen and tramadol is used to treat moderate to severe pain.
Acetaminophen and tramadol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Acetaminophen-Tramadol 325 mg-37.5 mg-IVA
oblong, yellow, imprinted with 650, O M
Acetaminophen-Tramadol 325 mg-37.5 mg-PAR
oblong, orange, imprinted with 083, KALI
APAP-Tramadol 37.5-325 mg-CAR
oblong, yellow, imprinted with 537
oblong, yellow, imprinted with O-M, 650
What are the possible side effects of acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using acetaminophen and tramadol and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- seizure (convulsions);
- agitation, hallucinations, fever, fast heart rate, overactive reflexes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, fainting;
- a red, blistering, peeling skin rash; or
- shallow breathing, weak pulse.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, tired feeling;
- stomach pain, constipation, loss of appetite;
- dry mouth, blurred vision;
- feeling nervous or anxious;
- sweating, itching; or
- sleep problems (insomnia).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Ultracet (tramadol) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet)?
Tell your doctor if you have ever had alcoholic liver disease (cirrhosis) or if you drink more than 3 alcoholic beverages per day. You may not be able to take medicine that contains acetaminophen.
Do not take more of this medication than is recommended. An acetaminophen and tramadol overdose can damage your liver or cause death. The maximum amount of acetaminophen and tramadol is 2 tablets per dose, or 8 tablets per day.
You should not take this medication if you are allergic to acetaminophen and tramadol, if you are intoxicated (drunk), or if you have recently used narcotic pain medicine, a sedative or tranquilizer, medicine for depression or mental illness, or any type of street drug.
Do not drink alcohol while you are taking acetaminophen and tramadol. Alcohol may cause a dangerous decrease in your breathing when used together with acetaminophen and tramadol. Alcohol may also increase your risk of liver damage while taking acetaminophen.
Acetaminophen and tramadol may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Never share this medication with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a place where others cannot get to it.
Additional Ultracet Information
Ultracet - User Reviews
Ultracet User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.