"Nov. 6, 2012 -- The FDA has approved Pfizer's Xeljanz (tofacitinib), a first-of-its-kind treatment for rheumatoid arthritis.
Xeljanz is approved for use by patients not helped by methotrexate, the usual first treatment for RA. It's a "...
Ultram Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: ConZip, Rybix ODT, Ryzolt, Ultram, Ultram ER
Generic Name: tramadol (Pronunciation: TRAM a dol)
- What is tramadol (Ultram)?
- What are the possible side effects of tramadol (Ultram)?
- What is the most important information I should know about tramadol (Ultram)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking tramadol (Ultram)?
- How should I take tramadol (Ultram)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Ultram)?
- What happens if I overdose (Ultram)?
- What should I avoid while taking tramadol (Ultram)?
- What other drugs will affect tramadol (Ultram)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is tramadol (Ultram)?
Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever.
Tramadol is used to treat moderate to severe pain. Tramadol extended-release is used to treat moderate to severe chronic pain when treatment is needed around the clock.
Tramadol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Tramadol 50 mg-APO
oblong, white, imprinted with APO, TR 50
Tramadol 50 mg-EON
round, white, imprinted with E 311
Tramadol 50 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with M, T7
Tramadol 50 mg-PAR
round, white, imprinted with G, TI 50
Tramadol 50 mg-PP
oval, white, imprinted with R 714
Tramadol 50 mg-TEV
oval, white, imprinted with 93, 58
Tramadol 50 mg-URL
round, white, imprinted with MP 717
Tramadol 50 mg-WAT
round, white, imprinted with 466, WATSON
Ultram 50 mg
oblong, white, imprinted with ULTRAM, 06 59
What are the possible side effects of tramadol (Ultram)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using tramadol and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- agitation, hallucinations, fever, fast heart rate, overactive reflexes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, fainting;
- seizure (convulsions);
- a red, blistering, peeling skin rash; or
- shallow breathing, weak pulse.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dizziness, spinning sensation;
- constipation, upset stomach;
- drowsiness; or
- feeling nervous or anxious.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Ultram (tramadol hcl) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about tramadol (Ultram)?
You should not take tramadol if you are allergic to it, if you have ever been addicted to drugs or alcohol, or if you have ever attempted suicide. Do not take tramadol while you are intoxicated (drunk) or taking any of the following: alcohol or street drugs, narcotic pain medicine, sedatives or tranquilizers, or medicine for depression, anxiety, or mental illness.
Seizures (convulsions) have occurred in some people taking tramadol. Tramadol may be more likely to cause a seizure if you have a history of seizures or head injury, a metabolic disorder, or if you are taking certain medicines such as antidepressants, muscle relaxers, narcotic, or medicine for nausea and vomiting.
Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine. A tramadol overdose can be fatal.
Tramadol may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it.
Do not crush the tramadol tablet. This medicine is for oral (by mouth) use only. Powder from a crushed tablet should not be inhaled or diluted with liquid and injected into the body. Using this medicine by inhalation or injection can cause life-threatening side effects, overdose, or death.
Additional Ultram Information
- Ultram Drug Interactions Center: tramadol oral
- Ultram Side Effects Center
- Ultram Overview including Precautions
- Ultram FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Ultram - User Reviews
Ultram User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options