"Nov. 1, 2013 (San Diego)- Women who drink one or more sugar-sweetened sodas a day might raise their risk of getting rheumatoid arthritis, according to a new study that links RA risk to the sugary habit. The study does not prove cause and ef"...
- Patients should be informed that ULTRAM ER (tramadol hcl extended-release) is for oral use only and should be swallowed whole. The tablets should not be chewed, crushed, or split.
- Patients should be informed that ULTRAM ER (tramadol hcl extended-release) may cause seizures and/or serotonin syndrome with concomitant use of serotonergic agents (including SSRIs, SNRIs, and triptans) or drugs that significantly reduce the metabolic clearance of tramadol.
- Patients should be informed that ULTRAM ER (tramadol hcl extended-release) may impair mental or physical abilities required for the performance of potentially hazardous tasks such as driving a car or operating machinery.
- Patients should be informed that ULTRAM ER (tramadol hcl extended-release) should not be taken with alcohol containing beverages.
- Patients should be informed that ULTRAM ER (tramadol hcl extended-release) should be used with caution when taking medications such as tranquilizers, hypnotics or other opiate containing analgesics.
- Female patients should be instructed to inform the prescriber if they are pregnant, think they might become pregnant, or are trying to become pregnant (see PRECAUTIONS, Labor and Delivery).
- Patients should be educated regarding the single-dose and 24-hour dosing regimen, as exceeding these recommendations can result in respiratory depression, seizures or death.
Use in Drug and Alcohol Addiction
ULTRAM ER (tramadol hcl extended-release) is an opioid with no approved use in the management of addictive disorders. Its proper usage in individuals with drug or alcohol dependence, either active or in remission, is for the management of pain requiring opioid analgesia.
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/18/2010
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ultram ER Information
Ultram ER - User Reviews
Ultram ER User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options