Urinary Incontinence (cont.)
In this Article
- Urinary incontinence (UI) in men facts
- Urinary incontinence (UI) introduction
- What causes urinary incontinence (UI) in men? What are symptoms and signs of urinary incontinence in men?
- How is urinary incontinence (UI) in men diagnosed?
- How is urinary incontinence (UI) in men treated?
- How do you do Kegel exercises?
- What research is being done on urinary incontinence in men?
- Where can people find more information on urinary incontinence in men?
- Find a local Urologist in your town
Hope through Research
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) has many research programs aimed at finding treatments for urinary disorders. The Medical Therapy of Prostate Symptoms trial, completed in 2003, focused on drug therapies to treat BPH. The NIDDK has also formed a consortium of seven collaborative Prostate Evaluation Treatment Centers and a Biostatistical Coordinating Center to develop and conduct randomized, controlled clinical trials looking at surgical and drug therapies.
The U.S. Government does not endorse or favor any specific commercial product or company. Trade, proprietary, or company names appearing in this document are used only because they are considered necessary in the context of the information provided. If a product is not mentioned, the omission does not mean or imply that the product is unsatisfactory.
For more information
American Urological Association Foundation
1000 Corporate Boulevard
Linthicum, MD 21090
Phone: 1-800-828-7866 or 410-689-3700
National Association for Continence
P.O. Box 1019
Charleston, SC 29402-1019
Phone: 1-800-BLADDER (252-3337) or 843-377-0900
Us Too! International, Inc.
(Prostate Cancer Survivors)
5003 Fairview Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Phone: 1-800-80-US-TOO (808-7866) or 630-795-1002
United States. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC). "Urinary Incontinence in Men." June 29, 2012. <http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/KUDiseases/pubs/uimen/index.aspx>.
Last Editorial Review: 6/29/2012
Find out what women really need.