Urinary Incontinence Products for Men (cont.)
In this Article
- Urinary incontinence products for men introduction
- What are urinary incontinence pads and other absorbent products?
- What are urinary incontinence external catheters?
- What are urinary incontinence drainage bags?
- What are urinary incontinence underpads?
- What are urinals and other toilet substitutes?
- What are urinary incontinence penile clamps?
- Where can you find men's urinary incontinence products?
- How do you use male urinary incontinence products?
- Find a local Doctor in your town
How do you use male urinary incontinence products?
Some guys don't want to try urinary incontinence products because they feel like it's a sign of defeat. Once they start buying pads, they think, they'll be stuck buying them for the rest of their lives. But remember that a lot of men may only need incontinence products temporarily. For instance, if you've just had prostate surgery, using some of these products may help get you through while you're healing. Other men rely on incontinence products for a short time while their doctors figure out the underlying cause of their problems.
Think of incontinence products as valuable tools to help you get by. They may not be a long-term solution, but they can vastly improve your quality of life right now.
WebMD Medical Reference
UrologyHealth.org: "Managing Bladder Dysfunction with Products and Devices."
eMedicine Health: "Incontinence."
Tomas L. Griebling, MD, John P. Wolf 33° Masonic Distinguished Professor of Urology, associate professor and vice-chair of the Department of Urology, University of Kansas.
Newman DK. Urology Nursing, 2004; vol 24.
Anthony R. Stone, MB, ChB, professor of medicine, vice chair of urology, UC Davis Medical School, Sacramento.
Edward James Wright, MD, assistant professor of urology, Johns Hopkins Medical School; director of neurourology and chief of urology. Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore.
Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD on February 14, 2011
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2011
Find out what women really need.