Urispas Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is flavoxate (Urispas)?
- What are the possible side effects of flavoxate (Urispas)?
- What is the most important information I should know about flavoxate (Urispas)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking flavoxate (Urispas)?
- How should I take flavoxate (Urispas)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Urispas)?
- What happens if I overdose (Urispas)?
- What should I avoid while taking flavoxate (Urispas)?
- What other drugs will affect flavoxate (Urispas)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking flavoxate (Urispas)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to flavoxate, or have certain conditions. Be sure your doctor knows if you have:
- a blockage in your stomach or intestines;
- a history of stomach ulcer or bleeding; or
- if you are unable to urinate.
Before using flavoxate, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- glaucoma; or
- urinary problems.
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take flavoxate.
FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether flavoxate passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take flavoxate (Urispas)?
Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take this medicine with water.
Store flavoxate at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
Additional Urispas Information
- Urispas Drug Interactions Center: flavoxate oral
- Urispas Side Effects Center
- Urispas Overview including Precautions
- Urispas FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Urispas - User Reviews
Urispas User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.