Uterine Cancer (cont.)
In this Article
- What is the uterus?
- What is uterine cancer (endometrial cancer)?
- What causes uterine cancer? Who is at risk for uterine cancer?
- What are uterine cancer symptoms and signs?
- How is a diagnosis of uterine cancer determined?
- How is the stage determined for uterine cancer?
- What are treatment options for uterine cancer?
- What about surgery for the treatment of endometrial cancer?
- What about radiation therapy for the treatment of uterine cancer?
- What about chemotherapy for the treatment of endometrial cancer?
- What about hormone therapy for the treatment of uterine cancer?
- How does a person go about getting a second opinion after a uterine cancer diagnosis?
- What sort of follow-up treatment is needed during and after uterine cancer treatment?
- What support is available for patients with uterine cancer?
- What research is being done on uterine cancer?
- Uterine Cancer (Cancer of the Uterus, Endometrial Cancer) At A Glance
- Find a local Oncologist in your town
Uterine Cancer (Cancer of the Uterus, Endometrial Cancer) At A Glance
- Cancer of the uterus occurs most often in women between the ages of 55 and 70 years.
- Risk factors (factors that increase chances of developing the disease) have been identified.
- Abnormal bleeding after menopause is the most common symptom of cancer of the uterus.
- Cancer of the uterus is diagnosed based on the results of the pelvic examination, pap smear, biopsy of the uterus, and D and C procedure.
- Treatment of cancer of the uterus depends on the stage of the disease, the growth rate of the cancer, as well as the age and health of the woman.
National Cancer Institute, U.S. National Institutes of Health
Last Editorial Review: 10/25/2010
Viewers share their comments
Uterine Cancer - Causes Question: Do you have any risk factors that you believe were causes for your uterine cancer?
- Submit »
Uterine Cancer - Diagnosis Question: What tests did you have done to diagnose your uterine cancer?
Uterine Cancer - Stages Question: What stage was your uterine cancer when you were diagnosed?
Uterine Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with uterine cancer.
Uterine Cancer - Symptoms Question: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your uterine cancer?
- Submit »
Find out what women really need.