Uterine Cancer (cont.)
In this Article
- Uterine cancer facts*
- What is endometrial cancer?
- What are risk factors for endometrial cancer?
- What are signs and symptoms of endometrial cancer?
- What tests and procedures diagnose endometrial cancer?
- What factors affect prognosis and treatment options for uterine cancer?
- How is uterine cancer staging determined?
- How does cancer spread in the body?
- Cancer may spread from where it began to other parts of the body.
- What are the stages of endometrial cancer?
- What is recurrent endometrial cancer?
- What are treatment options for endometrial cancer?
- What are new types of treatment being tested in uterine cancer clinical trials?
- What are clinical trials?
- Patients can enter clinical trials before, during, or after starting their cancer treatment.
- What follow-up tests may be needed after treatment of endometrial cancer?
- What are uterine cancer treatment options by stage?
- What are treatment options for recurrent endometrial cancer?
- Find a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment Options for Recurrent Endometrial Cancer
Treatment of recurrent endometrial cancer may include the following:
- Radiation therapy as palliative therapy to relieve symptoms and improve the patient's quality of life.
- Hormone therapy.
- Combination chemotherapy with or without biologic therapy.
- Clinical trials of targeted therapy.
- Clinical trials of chemotherapy.
Talk with your doctor about clinical trials that may be right for you.
United States. National Cancer Institute. National Institutes of Health. "Endometrial Cancer Treatment." July 14, 2016. <https://www.cancer.gov/types/uterine/patient/endometrial-treatment-pdq>.
Find out what women really need.