"Investigators from the Women's Health Initiative (WHI) Hormone Trials are reaffirming conclusions that hormone therapy is not recommended for the prevention of chronic disease, but may remain a reasonable option for the short-term management "...
Vagistat-1 Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Monistat-1, Vagistat-1
Generic Name: tioconazole vaginal (Pronunciation: tee oh CON a zole)
- What is tioconazole vaginal (Vagistat-1)?
- What are the possible side effects of tioconazole vaginal (Vagistat-1)?
- What is the most important information I should know about tioconazole vaginal (Vagistat-1)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using tioconazole vaginal (Vagistat-1)?
- How should I use tioconazole vaginal (Vagistat-1)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Vagistat-1)?
- What happens if I overdose (Vagistat-1)?
- What should I avoid while using tioconazole vaginal (Vagistat-1)?
- What other drugs will affect tioconazole vaginal (Vagistat-1)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is tioconazole vaginal (Vagistat-1)?
Tioconazole is an antifungal medication. It prevents fungus from growing.
Tioconazole vaginal is used to treat vaginal candida (yeast) infections.
Tioconazole vaginal may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of tioconazole vaginal (Vagistat-1)?
Stop using tioconazole vaginal and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (shortness of breath; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, face, or tongue; or hives).
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. These include burning, itching, irritation of the skin, and an increased need to urinate.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Vagistat-1 (tioconazole) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about tioconazole vaginal (Vagistat-1)?
Use this medication for the full amount of time prescribed by your doctor or recommended in the package even if you begin to feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely healed.
Avoid wearing tight-fitting, synthetic clothing (e.g., panty hose) that does not allow air circulation. Wear loose-fitting clothing made of cotton and other natural fibers until the infection is healed.
Avoid getting this medication in the eyes, nose, or mouth.
Additional Vagistat-1 Information
- Vagistat-1 Drug Interactions Center: tioconazole vagl
- Vagistat-1 Side Effects Center
- Vagistat-1 Overview including Precautions
- Vagistat-1 FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Vagistat-1 - User Reviews
Vagistat-1 User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.