In this Article
- What other names is Vanadium known by?
- What is Vanadium?
- How does Vanadium work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Vanadium.
Vanadium is UNSAFE when used in large amounts and for a long time. This increases the risk of serious side effects including kidney damage.
Vanadium might lower blood sugar. People with diabetes should check their blood sugar carefully and watch for signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).
Do not take vanadium if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have kidney problems.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.