"Jan. 24, 2013 -- What's in a name? If it's polycystic ovary syndrome, a lot of confusion, says a panel of experts convened by the NIH -- and they're calling for a change.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common endocrine "...
(metronidazole vaginal gel, 0.75%)
For vaginal use only.
Do not put VANDAZOLE (metronidazole vaginal gel) in your eyes, mouth, or on your skin.
Read this Patient Instructions for Use before you start using VANDAZOLE (metronidazole vaginal gel) . This leaflet does not take the place of talking with your healthcare provider about your medical condition or your treatment.
Instructions for use:
1. Filling the applicator
- Remove the cap and puncture the metal seal on the tube with the pointed tip of the cap. (See Figure A)
- Screw the end of applicator onto the tube. (See Figure B)
- Slowly squeeze the gel out of tube and into the applicator. The plunger will stop when the applicator is full. (See Figure C)
- Unscrew the applicator and replace the cap on the tube.
2. Inserting the applicator
- You can insert the applicator into your vagina:
- while you lie on your back with your knees bent or
- in any position that is comfortable for you
- Hold the filled applicator by the barrel, and gently insert into your vagina as far as it will comfortably go. (See Figure D)
- Slowly push the plunger in until all of the gel goes into your vagina (See Figure D).
- Take the empty applicator out of your vagina.
3. Care of the applicator This product comes with 5 vaginal applicators.
- After use, throw away the empty applicator in the trash.
While you use VANDAZOLE (metronidazole vaginal gel) you should not have vaginal intercourse or use other vaginal products (such as tampons or douches).
If vaginal irritation develops when you use VANDAZOLE (metronidazole vaginal gel) , discontinue use and consult your healthcare provider.
If you get VANDAZOLE (metronidazole vaginal gel) in your eye, rinse your eye with cool tap water and consult a healthcare provider.
How should I store VANDAZOLE (metronidazole vaginal gel) ?
- Store VANDAZOLE (metronidazole vaginal gel) at 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
- Avoid exposure to extreme heat or cold. Avoid freezing VANDAZOLE (metronidazole vaginal gel) .
- Keep this and all medicines out of reach of children.
Last reviewed on RxList: 3/29/2011
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Vandazole Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.