"Dec. 14, 2012 -- Drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering blood pressure, according to a new study.
The study shows that within hours of drinking it, beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure (the top n"...
Vaseretic Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Vaseretic 10-25, Vaseretic 5-12.5
Generic Name: hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Pronunciation: HYE droe KLOR oh THYE a zide and en AL e pril)
- What is hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Vaseretic)?
- What are the possible side effects of hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Vaseretic)?
- What is the most important information I should know about hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Vaseretic)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Vaseretic)?
- How should I take hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Vaseretic)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Vaseretic)?
- What happens if I overdose (Vaseretic)?
- What should I avoid while taking hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Vaseretic)?
- What other drugs will affect hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Vaseretic)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Vaseretic)?
Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.
Enalapril is in a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme. Enalapril lowers blood pressure and also relieves symptoms of fluid retention.
The combination of hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Enalapril-HCT 10 mg-25 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with 723, M
Enalapril-HCTZ 10 mg-25 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with M, 712
Enalapril-HCTZ 10 mg-25 mg-TEV
oblong, brown, imprinted with 93, 1052
Enalapril-HCTZ 10-25 mg-APO
round, brown, imprinted with APO, 10 25
Enalapril-HCTZ 5 mg-12.5 mg-TEV
oblong, white, imprinted with 93, 1044
Enalapril-HCTZ 5-12.5 mg-APO
round, brown, imprinted with APO, 5 12.5
oblong, white, imprinted with T4
hexagonal, pink, imprinted with VASERETIC, MSD 720
What are the possible side effects of hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Vaseretic)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; severe stomach pain; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- eye pain, vision problems;
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling);
- low potassium (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling);
- dry mouth, thirst, nausea, vomiting;
- feeling weak, drowsy, restless, or light-headed;
- a red, blistering, peeling skin rash;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- swelling, weight gain, feeling short of breath; or
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dizziness, headache, tired feeling;
- blurred vision;
- diarrhea, constipation, upset stomach; or
- mild skin rash, increased sweating.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Vaseretic (enalapril maleate-hydrochlorothiazide tablets) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril (Vaseretic)?
You should not use this medication if you are unable to urinate.
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to any other ACE inhibitor, such as benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), fosinopril (Monopril), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), moexipril (Univasc), perindopril (Aceon), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace), or trandolapril (Mavik).
Before taking hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril, tell your doctor if you have kidney disease (or are on dialysis), liver disease, glaucoma, congestive heart failure, asthma, gout, lupus, diabetes, or an allergy to sulfa drugs or penicillin.
Do not use potassium supplements or salt substitutes while you are taking hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril, unless your doctor has told you to.
Conditions that may cause very low blood pressure include: vomiting, diarrhea, heavy sweating, heart disease, dialysis, a low-salt diet, or taking diuretics (water pills). Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink while taking hydrochlorothiazide and enalapril. Tell your doctor if you have a prolonged illness that causes diarrhea or vomiting.
Additional Vaseretic Information
Vaseretic - User Reviews
Vaseretic User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.