"The largest study to date to focus on patients with colorectal cancer (CRC) with deficient DNA mismatch repair (dMMR) has found that adjuvant therapy with fluoropyrimidine combined with oxaliplatin (Eloxatin, Sanofi-Aventis), but not fluor"...
Advise patients to contact a healthcare professional for any of the following:
- Skin and ocular/visual changes [see BOXED WARNING, DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION, WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS, and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Signs and symptoms of infusion reactions, including fever, chills, or breathing problems [see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION, WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS, and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Diarrhea and dehydration [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Persistent or recurrent coughing, wheezing, dyspnea, or new-onset facial swelling [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Pregnancy or nursing [see Use In Specific Populations]
Advise patients of the need for:
- Periodic monitoring of electrolytes [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Limitation of sun exposure (use sunscreen, wear hats) while receiving Vectibix and for 2 months after the last dose of Vectibix therapy [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Adequate contraception in both males and females while receiving Vectibix and for 6 months after the last dose of Vectibix therapy [see Use In Specific Populations]
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/9/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Vectibix Information
Vectibix - User Reviews
Vectibix User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.