"Oct. 24, 2012 -- One of the oldest and cheapest drugs around may be highly effective against colon cancer, a new study shows.
Some of the most cutting-edge cancer therapies involve targeted treatments used in patients with specific gene mut"...
Advise patients to contact a healthcare professional for any of the following:
- Skin and ocular/visual changes [see BOXED WARNING, DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION, WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS, and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Signs and symptoms of infusion reactions, including fever, chills, or breathing problems [see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION, WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS, and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Diarrhea and dehydration [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Persistent or recurrent coughing, wheezing, dyspnea, or new-onset facial swelling [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Pregnancy or nursing [see Use In Specific Populations]
Advise patients of the need for:
- Periodic monitoring of electrolytes [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Limitation of sun exposure (use sunscreen, wear hats) while receiving Vectibix and for 2 months after the last dose of Vectibix therapy [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Adequate contraception in both males and females while receiving Vectibix and for 6 months after the last dose of Vectibix therapy [see Use In Specific Populations]
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/9/2014
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Vectibix Information
Vectibix - User Reviews
Vectibix User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.