"Oct. 24, 2012 -- One of the oldest and cheapest drugs around may be highly effective against colon cancer, a new study shows.
Some of the most cutting-edge cancer therapies involve targeted treatments used in patients with specific gene mut"...
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
Advise patients to contact a healthcare professional for any of the following:
- Skin and ocular/visual changes [see BOXED WARNING and WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Signs and symptoms of infusion reactions, including fever, chills, or breathing problems [see BOXED WARNING, DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION, WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS, and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Diarrhea and dehydration [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Persistent or recurrent coughing, wheezing, dyspnea, or new onset facial swelling [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS, and ADVERSE REACTIONS]
- Pregnancy or nursing [see Use in Specific Populations]
Advise patients of the need for:
- Periodic monitoring of electrolytes [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Limitation of sun exposure (use sunscreen, wear hats) while receiving Vectibix and for 2 months after the last dose of Vectibix therapy [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Adequate contraception in both males and females while receiving Vectibix and for 6 months after the last dose of Vectibix therapy [see Use In Specific Populations]
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/15/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Vectibix Information
Vectibix - User Reviews
Vectibix User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.