Vectical Ointment Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is calcitriol topical (Vectical Ointment)?
- What are the possible side effects of calcitriol topical (Vectical Ointment)?
- What is the most important information I should know about calcitriol topical (Vectical Ointment)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using calcitriol topical (Vectical Ointment)?
- How should I use calcitriol topical (Vectical Ointment)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Vectical Ointment)?
- What happens if I overdose (Vectical Ointment)?
- What should I avoid while using calcitriol topical (Vectical Ointment)?
- What other drugs will affect calcitriol topical (Vectical Ointment)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using calcitriol topical (Vectical Ointment)?
You should not use this medication if you have a severe form of psoriasis (with pus, skin peeling, severe redness).
To make sure you can safely use calcitriol topical, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- low or high levels of calcium in your blood;
- a calcium disorder or metabolic imbalance; or
- if you are receiving UV light treatments (phototherapy) for your psoriasis.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether calcitriol topical will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known if calcitriol topical passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Do not use this medication on anyone under 18 years old without medical advice.
How should I use calcitriol topical (Vectical Ointment)?
Use exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Calcitriol topical is usually applied once in the morning and once in the evening. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Do not share this medication with other people, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
Wash your hands before and after applying this medicine.
Apply a thin layer of the medication and rub it in completely.
Do not cover treated skin areas unless your doctor has told you to.
Calcitriol topical is for use only on areas of psoriasis. Avoid getting it on healthy skin areas.
Calcitriol topical should not be applied to the face or the vaginal area.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Do not allow the medicine to freeze.
Additional Vectical Ointment Information
- Vectical Ointment Drug Interactions Center: calcitriol top
- Vectical Ointment Side Effects Center
- Vectical Ointment Overview including Precautions
- Vectical Ointment FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Vectical Ointment - User Reviews
Vectical Ointment User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.