"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Adempas (riociguat) to treat adults with two forms of pulmonary hypertension.
Pulmonary hypertension is caused by abnormally high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs. It make"...
Ventavis Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Ventavis
Generic Name: iloprost (Pronunciation: ill O prost)
- What is iloprost inhalation (Ventavis)?
- What are the possible side effects of iloprost inhalation (Ventavis)?
- What is the most important information I should know about iloprost inhalation (Ventavis)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking iloprost inhalation (Ventavis)?
- How should I use iloprost inhalation (Ventavis)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Ventavis)?
- What happens if I overdose (Ventavis)?
- What should I avoid while taking iloprost inhalation (Ventavis)?
- What other drugs will affect iloprost inhalation (Ventavis)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is iloprost inhalation (Ventavis)?
Iloprost is an synthetic prostacyclin. It works by opening blood vessels in the lungs.
Iloprost is used as an inhalant to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Iloprost inhalation may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of iloprost inhalation (Ventavis)?
Serious side effects from iloprost inhalation are not likely to occur. Seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat, swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives).
Other, less serious side effects may also occur. Continue to use iloprost inhalation and talk to your doctor if you experience
- dry mouth, nose, or throat after use;
- coughing or throat irritation;
- hoarseness or deepening of the voice;
- headache, dizziness, or lightheadedness;
- flushing; or
- jaw tightness or pain.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Ventavis (iloprost) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about iloprost inhalation (Ventavis)?
Use iloprost inhalation exactly as directed by your doctor. Iloprost inhalation should only be used with the Prodose AAD system. Do not use iloprost inhalation with other types of nebulizers. If you do not understand your instructions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Iloprost inhalation may lower blood pressure which can lead to dizziness or fainting. Stand up slowly when getting out of a chair or bed. If you experience fainting or if your dizziness gets worse contact your doctor.
Additional Ventavis Information
- Ventavis Drug Interactions Center: iloprost inhl
- Ventavis Side Effects Center
- Ventavis Overview including Precautions
- Ventavis FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Ventavis - User Reviews
Ventavis User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.