"Dec. 5, 2014 -- Children with asthma might one day benefit from a simple urine test that could ensure they receive the right dose of medication to help them better manage their condition.
An Anglo-Polish research team found that a urine tes"...
(Generic versions may still be available.)
Patient's Instructions for Use
(albuterol sulfate, USP) Inhalation Solution, 0.5%*
*Potency expressed as albuterol.
Read complete instructions carefully before using.
1. Draw the appropriate volume of VENTOLIN Inhalation Solution into the specially marked dropper that comes with each multidose bottle (Figure 1). For children 12 years of age and under, the volume is based upon body weight. Use the dropper volume prescribed by your doctor.
3. Add sterile normal saline solution, as your doctor has directed. A general guideline for the amount of saline to add is: For children using 0.25 mL or 1.25 mg of VENTOLIN Inhalation Solution, add 2.75 mL of sterile normal saline. For children or adults using 0.5 mL or 2.5 mg of VENTOLIN Inhalation Solution, add 2.5 mL of sterile normal saline.
4. Gently swirl the nebulizer to mix the contents and connect it with the mouthpiece or face mask (Figure 3).
5. Connect the nebulizer to the compressor.
6. Sit in a comfortable, upright position; place the mouthpiece in your mouth (Figure 4) (or put on the face mask); and turn on the compressor.
7. Breathe as calmly, deeply, and evenly as possible until no more mist is formed in the nebulizer chamber (about 5 to 15 minutes). At this point, the treatment is finished.
8. Clean the nebulizer (see manufacturer's instructions).
Note: Use only as directed by your doctor. More frequent administration or higher doses are not recommended.
To avoid microbial contamination, proper aseptic techniques should be used each time the bottle is opened. Precautions should be taken to prevent contact of the dropper tip of the bottle with any surface, including the nebulizer reservoir and associated ventilatory equipment. In addition, if the solution changes color or becomes cloudy, it should not be used.
The safety and effectiveness of VENTOLIN Inhalation Solution have not been determined when one or more drugs are mixed with it in a nebulizer. Check with your doctor before mixing any medications in your nebulizer.
Store between 2° and 25°C (36° and 77°F).
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/17/2004
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Ventolin Solution Information
Ventolin Solution - User Reviews
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.