" Allergy medications overview
The arsenal of allergy drugs includes dozens of medications that relieve allergy symptoms when confronted with a trigger known as an allergen. That trigger could be something from a plant, such as polle"...
Veramyst Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Flonase, Veramyst
Generic Name: fluticasone nasal (Pronunciation: floo TIK a sone)
- What is fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- What are the possible side effects of fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- How should I use fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Veramyst)?
- What happens if I overdose (Veramyst)?
- What should I avoid while using fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- What other drugs will affect fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
Fluticasone is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Fluticasone nasal is used to treat nasal symptoms such as congestion, sneezing, and runny nose caused by seasonal or year-round allergies.
Fluticasone may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- severe or ongoing nose bleed;
- sores in the nose that won't heal;
- vision problems; or
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms.
Less serious side effects may include:
- headache, back pain;
- minor nose bleed;
- menstrual problems, loss of interest in sex;
- sinus pain, cough, sore throat; or
- sores or white patches inside or around your nose.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Veramyst (fluticasone furoate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
Before using fluticasone nasal, tell your doctor if you are using antifungal medications such as ketoconazole (Nizoral), or HIV medicines such as ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra).
While using fluticasone nasal, tell your doctor if you have severe or ongoing nose bleed, vision problems, sores in the nose that won't heal, or if you have fever, chills, body aches, or flu symptoms.
Shake the medicine bottle well just before each use.
It may take up to several days of using this medicine before your symptoms improve. Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after a week of treatment.
Store this medication in an upright position at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Throw the medication away after you have used 120 sprays, even if there is still medicine left in the bottle.
Fluticasone nasal can lower the blood cells that help your body fight infections. Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Call your doctor for preventive treatment if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. These conditions can be serious or even fatal in people who are using fluticasone nasal.
Do not give this medication to a child younger than 4 years old without the advice of a doctor. Steroid medicines can affect growth in children. Talk with your doctor if you think your child is not growing at a normal rate while using fluticasone nasal.
Additional Veramyst Information
Veramyst - User Reviews
Veramyst User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.