"Feb. 25, 2013 (San Antonio, Texas) -- The asthma drug Xolair appears to be a safe and effective treatment for chronic hives, a new study shows.
The results of the study were presented at a news conference here at the American Academy"...
Veramyst Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Flonase, Veramyst
Generic Name: fluticasone nasal (Pronunciation: floo TIK a sone)
- What is fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- What are the possible side effects of fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- How should I use fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Veramyst)?
- What happens if I overdose (Veramyst)?
- What should I avoid while using fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- What other drugs will affect fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
Fluticasone is a steroid. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Fluticasone nasal is used to treat nasal symptoms such as congestion, sneezing, and runny nose caused by seasonal or year-round allergies. Fluticasone nasal is for use in adults and children who are at least 2 years old.
Fluticasone nasal may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- severe or ongoing nosebleeds;
- noisy breathing, runny nose, or crusting around your nostrils;
- redness, sores, or white patches in your mouth or throat;
- fever, chills, weakness, nausea, vomiting, flu symptoms;
- any wound that will not heal; or
- blurred vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights.
Less serious side effects may include:
- headache, back pain;
- minor nosebleed;
- menstrual problems, loss of interest in sex;
- sinus pain, cough, sore throat; or
- sores or white patches inside or around your nose.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Veramyst (fluticasone furoate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about fluticasone nasal (Veramyst)?
You should not use fluticasone nasal if you are allergic to it, or if you are also taking ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra).
Before using fluticasone nasal, tell your doctor if you have glaucoma or cataracts, liver disease, diabetes, herpes simplex virus of your eyes, tuberculosis or any other infection, sores or ulcers inside your nose, or if you have recently had injury of or surgery on your nose.
It may take up to several days of using this medicine before your symptoms improve. Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after a week of treatment.
Fluticasone nasal can lower blood cells that help your body fight infections. Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Call your doctor for preventive treatment if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. These conditions can be serious or even fatal in people who are using fluticasone nasal.
Throw the medication away after you have used 120 sprays, even if there is still medicine left in the bottle.
Do not give this medicine to a child younger than 2 years old without medical advice. Steroid medication can affect growth in children. Talk with your doctor if you think your child is not growing at a normal rate while using this medication.
Additional Veramyst Information
Veramyst - User Reviews
Veramyst User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.