"Jan. 25, 2013 -- The FDA has approved Oxytrol for Women, the first over-the-counter treatment for overactive bladder in women 18 and older.
The condition affects more than 20 million American women, according to Merck, the drug's manu"...
VESIcare Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What are the possible side effects of solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What is the most important information I should know about solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- How should I take solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (VESIcare)?
- What happens if I overdose (VESIcare)?
- What should I avoid while taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What other drugs will affect solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (VESIcare)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (VESIcare)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
Overdose symptoms may include severe forms of some of the side effects listed in this medication guide.
What should I avoid while taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Solifenacin can decrease perspiration and you may be more prone to heat stroke.
This medication may cause blurred vision and may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.
What other drugs will affect solifenacin (VESIcare)?
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- arsenic trioxide (Trisenox);
- carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Equetro, Tegretol);
- conivaptan (Vaprisol);
- phenytoin (Dilantin);
- tacrolimus (Prograf);
- vandetanib (Caprelsa);
- antifungal medication such as itraconazole (Sporanox), ketoconazole (Nizoral), posaconazole (Noxafil), or voriconazole (Vfend);
- the hepatitis C medications boceprevir (Victrelis) or telaprevir (Incivek);
- HIV/AIDS medicine such as indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra), or saquinavir (Invirase);
- an antibiotic such as azithromycin (Zithromax, Zmax, Z-Pack), clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole), levofloxacin (Levaquin), moxifloxacin (Avelox), pentamidine (NebuPent, Pentam), rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate), or telithromycin (Ketek);
- an antidepressant such as amitriptylline (Elavil, Vanatrip, Limbitrol), citalopram (Celexa), clomipramine (Anafranil), or desipramine (Norpramin);
- anti-malaria medications such as chloroquine (Aralen), halofantrine (Halfan), or mefloquine (Lariam);
- heart rhythm medicine such as amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), dofetilide (Tikosyn), disopyramide (Norpace), dronedarone (Multaq), flecainide (Tambocor), ibutilide (Corvert), procainamide (Procan, Pronestyl), propafenone (Rythmol), quinidine (Quin-G), or sotalol (Betapace);
- medicine to prevent or treat nausea and vomiting such as dolasetron (Anzemet), droperidol (Inapsine), or ondansetron (Zofran);
- medicines to treat psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), clozapine (FazaClo, Clozaril), haloperidol (Haldol), mesoridazine (Serentil), pimozide (Orap), thioridazine (Mellaril), or ziprasidone (Geodon);
- migraine headache medicine such as sumatriptan (Imitrex, Treximet) or zolmitriptan (Zomig); or
- narcotic medication such as methadone (Methadose, Diskets, Dolophine).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with solifenacin. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about solifenacin.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 3.03. Revision date: 9/28/2012.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional VESIcare Information
- VESIcare Drug Interactions Center: solifenacin oral
- VESIcare Side Effects Center
- VESIcare Overview including Precautions
- VESIcare FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
VESIcare - User Reviews
VESIcare User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get breaking medical news.