VESIcare Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What are the possible side effects of solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What is the most important information I should know about solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- How should I take solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (VESIcare)?
- What happens if I overdose (VESIcare)?
- What should I avoid while taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What other drugs will affect solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to solifenacin, or have certain conditions. Be sure your doctor knows if you have:
- untreated or uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma;
- a stomach disorder causing delayed emptying; or
- if you are unable to urinate.
Before using solifenacin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- a blockage in your stomach or intestines; or
- a history of "Long QT syndrome."
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take solifenacin.
FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether solifenacin passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take solifenacin (VESIcare)?
Take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take this medicine with water.
Solifenacin can be taken with or without food.
Store solifenacin at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
Additional VESIcare Information
VESIcare - User Reviews
VESIcare User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.