"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today allowed marketing of the inFlow Intraurethral Valve-Pump, a replaceable urinary prosthesis for use in female adults who cannot contract the muscles necessary to push urine out of the bladder (impaired d"...
VESIcare Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What are the possible side effects of solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What is the most important information I should know about solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- How should I take solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (VESIcare)?
- What happens if I overdose (VESIcare)?
- What should I avoid while taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What other drugs will affect solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to solifenacin, or have certain conditions. Be sure your doctor knows if you have:
- untreated or uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma;
- a stomach disorder causing delayed emptying; or
- if you are unable to urinate.
To make sure you can safely take solifenacin, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- a blockage in your stomach or intestines; or
- a history of Long QT syndrome.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether solifenacin will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether solifenacin passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are using solifenacin.
How should I take solifenacin (VESIcare)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Solifenacin is usually taken once per day. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Take this medicine with water.
Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet. Swallow it whole.
Solifenacin can be taken with or without food.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
Additional VESIcare Information
- VESIcare Drug Interactions Center: solifenacin oral
- VESIcare Side Effects Center
- VESIcare Overview including Precautions
- VESIcare FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
VESIcare - User Reviews
VESIcare User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.