"Urinary incontinence in children facts
- Urinary incontinence in children is very common.
- Nighttime wetting (nocturnal enuresis) is more common than daytime wetting (diurnal enuresis).
- Most urinary incontinenc"...
VESIcare Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: VESIcare
Generic Name: solifenacin (Pronunciation: sol ee FEN a sin)
- What is solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What are the possible side effects of solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What is the most important information I should know about solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- How should I take solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (VESIcare)?
- What happens if I overdose (VESIcare)?
- What should I avoid while taking solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- What other drugs will affect solifenacin (VESIcare)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is solifenacin (VESIcare)?
Solifenacin reduces muscle spasms of the bladder and urinary tract.
Solifenacin is used to treat symptoms of overactive bladder, such as frequent or urgent urination, and incontinence (urine leakage).
Solifenacin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of solifenacin (VESIcare)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using solifenacin and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- hot, dry skin and extreme thirst;
- severe stomach pain, or constipation for 3 days or longer;
- pain or burning when you urinate; or
- urinating less than usual or not at all.
Less serious side effects may include:
- dry mouth;
- dry eyes, blurred vision;
- mild constipation;
- nausea, mild stomach pain or upset;
- dizziness, tired feeling; or
- fever, sore throat, body aches, or other flu symptoms.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the VESIcare (solifenacin succinate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about solifenacin (VESIcare)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to solifenacin, or if you have untreated or uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma, a blockage in your digestive tract (stomach or intestines), or if you are unable to urinate.
Before using solifenacin, tell your doctor if you have glaucoma, liver disease, kidney disease, a blockage in your stomach or intestines, or a history of "Long QT syndrome."
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Solifenacin can decrease perspiration and you may be more prone to heat stroke.
Solifenacin can cause side effects that may impair your vision or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor if you have serious side effects such as hot and dry skin, extreme thirst, severe stomach pain or constipation, pain or burning when you urinate, or if you stop urinating.
Additional VESIcare Information
VESIcare - User Reviews
VESIcare User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.