Viral Hemorrhagic Fever (cont.)
In this Article
- Viral hemorrhagic fever (VHF) facts*
- What are viral hemorrhagic fevers?
- How are hemorrhagic fever viruses grouped?
- What carries viruses that cause viral hemorrhagic fevers?
- Where are cases of viral hemorrhagic fever found?
- How are hemorrhagic fever viruses transmitted?
- What are the symptoms of viral hemorrhagic fever illnesses?
- How are patients with viral hemorrhagic fever treated?
- How can cases of viral hemorrhagic fever be prevented and controlled?
- What needs to be done to address the threat of viral hemorrhagic fevers?
What needs to be done to address the threat of viral hemorrhagic fevers?
Scientists and researchers are challenged with developing containment, treatment, and vaccine strategies for these diseases. Another goal is to develop immunologic and molecular tools for more rapid disease diagnosis, and to study how the viruses are transmitted and exactly how the disease affects the body (pathogenesis). A third goal is to understand the ecology of these viruses and their hosts in order to offer preventive public health advice for avoiding infection.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Last Editorial Review: 11/22/2011
Viewers share their comments
Find out what women really need.