"The European Medicines Agency's Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has recommended the marketing of selexipag (Uptravi, Actelion Registration Ltd) for the treatment of adults with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)./"...
Visken Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Visken
Generic Name: pindolol (Pronunciation: PIN doe lol)
- What is pindolol (Visken)?
- What are the possible side effects of pindolol (Visken)?
- What is the most important information I should know about pindolol (Visken)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking pindolol (Visken)?
- How should I take pindolol (Visken)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Visken)?
- What happens if I overdose (Visken)?
- What should I avoid while taking pindolol (Visken)?
- What other drugs will affect pindolol (Visken)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is pindolol (Visken)?
Pindolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Pindolol is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Pindolol may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Pindolol 10 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with M 127
Pindolol 5 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with M 52
What are the possible side effects of pindolol (Visken)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- slow or uneven heartbeats;
- feeling light-headed, fainting;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling of your ankles or feet;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- depression; or
- cold feeling in your hands and feet.
Less serious side effects may include:
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- tired feeling; or
- anxiety, nervousness.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Visken (pindolol) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about pindolol (Visken)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to pindolol, or if you have asthma, certain heart conditions (especially second or third degree heart block), heart failure, or severe slow heart rate.
Before taking pindolol, tell your doctor if you have bronchitis, emphysema, diabetes, heart disease, congestive heart failure, slow heart rate, coronary artery disease, low blood pressure, liver or kidney disease, depression, or a thyroid disorder.
Do not skip doses or stop taking pindolol without first talking to your doctor. Stopping suddenly may make your condition worse, and it can cause serious or life-threatening side effects. You will need to stop using pindolol gradually. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Pindolol is only part of a complete program of treatment for hypertension that may also include diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely if you are being treated for hypertension.
Hypertension often has no symptoms, so you may not even feel that you have high blood pressure. Continue using this medicine as directed, even if you feel well. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
Additional Visken Information
- Visken Drug Interactions Center: pindolol oral
- Visken Side Effects Center
- Visken Overview including Precautions
- Visken FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Visken - User Reviews
Visken User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on handling your hypertension.