"Potential drug treatments are tested on paper, in laboratories and eventually in thousands of people. But every drug that goes through this cycle â€“ every drug that FDA approves â€“ carries some risk. One of the first lines of defense against "...
- Clinician Information:
Vitrase Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is hyaluronidase (Vitrase)?
- What are the possible side effects of hyaluronidase (Vitrase)?
- What is the most important information I should know about hyaluronidase (Vitrase)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving hyaluronidase (Vitrase)?
- How should I use hyaluronidase (Vitrase)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Vitrase)?
- What happens if I overdose (Vitrase)?
- What should I avoid while receiving hyaluronidase (Vitrase)?
- What other drugs will affect hyaluronidase (Vitrase)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Vitrase)?
Call your doctor for instructions if you miss an appointment for your hyaluronidase injection.
What happens if I overdose (Vitrase)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while receiving hyaluronidase (Vitrase)?
Follow your doctor's instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity.
What other drugs will affect hyaluronidase (Vitrase)?
Before receiving hyaluronidase, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- furosemide (Lasix);
- phenytoin (Dilantin);
- a sedative or anxiety medication (such as Valium, Xanax, Tranxene);
- aspirin or salicylates;
- cortisone or ACTH (Corticotropin);
- estrogens; or
- an antihistamine (such as a cold or allergy medicine).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with hyaluronidase. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about hyaluronidase injection.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2012 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 4.02. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Vitrase Information
- Vitrase Drug Interactions Center: hyaluronidase (ovine) inj
- Vitrase Side Effects Center
- Vitrase FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.