"Hormone-replacement therapy (HRT) can improve not only bone-mineral density (BMD) but bone mass and structure, and the benefits of HRT on bone persist for at least 2 years after treatment is discontinued, a new cross-sectional analysis of a Swiss"...
Vivelle-Dot® (estradiol transdermal system) should not be used in women with any of the following conditions:
- Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Known, suspected or history of cancer of the breast.
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent neoplasia.
- Active deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism or a history of these conditions.
- Active or recent (e.g., within the past year) arterial thromboembolic disease (e.g., stroke, myocardial infarction).
- Liver dysfunction or disease.
- Vivelle-Dot (estradiol transdermal system) should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to its ingredients.
- Known or suspected pregnancy. There is no indication for Vivelle-Dot (estradiol transdermal system) in pregnancy. There appears to be little or no increased risk of birth defects in children born to women who have used estrogens and progestins from oral contraceptives inadvertently during early pregnancy (see PRECAUTIONS).
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/30/2017
Additional Vivelle-Dot Information
Vivelle-Dot - User Reviews
Vivelle-Dot User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.