"Nov. 1, 2013 (San Diego)- Women who drink one or more sugar-sweetened sodas a day might raise their risk of getting rheumatoid arthritis, according to a new study that links RA risk to the sugary habit. The study does not prove cause and ef"...
Voltaren XR Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Voltaren-XR, Zipsor
Generic Name: diclofenac (Pronunciation: dye KLOE fen ak)
- What is diclofenac (Voltaren XR)?
- What are the possible side effects of diclofenac (Voltaren XR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about diclofenac (Voltaren XR)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking diclofenac (Voltaren XR)?
- How should I take diclofenac (Voltaren XR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Voltaren XR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Voltaren XR)?
- What should I avoid while taking diclofenac (Voltaren XR)?
- What other drugs will affect diclofenac (Voltaren XR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is diclofenac (Voltaren XR)?
Diclofenac is a non steroidal anti inflammatory drug (NSAID). This medicine works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain inflammation.
Diclofenac is used to treat pain or inflammation caused by arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis.
Diclofenac powder (Cambia) is used to treat a migraine headache attack. Do not use this medication to treat a cluster headache.
Cambia will only treat a headache that has already begun. It will not prevent headaches or reduce the number of attacks.
Diclofenac may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Cataflam 50 mg
round, beige, imprinted with CATAFLAM, 50
Diclofenac 100 mg ER-TEV
round, pink, imprinted with 93, 1041
Diclofenac 50 mg-GG
round, brown, imprinted with GG 759
Diclofenac 75 mg-GG
round, peach, imprinted with GG 739
Diclofenac Potassium 50 mg-APO
round, brown, imprinted with APO, DP 50
Diclofenac Potassium 50 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with M D5
Diclofenac Potassium 50 mg-TEV
round, orange, imprinted with 93 948
Diclofenac Sodium 100 mg ER-MYL
round, yellow, imprinted with M 355
Diclofenac Sodium 100 mg-WAT
round, pink, imprinted with DX41
Diclofenac Sodium 25 mg-GG
round, yellow, imprinted with GG 737
Diclofenac Sodium 50 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 592
Diclofenac Sodium 50 mg-WAT
round, white, imprinted with WATSON 338
Diclofenac Sodium 75 mg-WAT
round, white, imprinted with WATSON 339
Diclofenac XR 100 mg-GG
round, brown, imprinted with GG 904
Voltaren 75 mg
triangular, peach, imprinted with Voltaren 75
Voltaren XR 100 mg
round, pink, imprinted with Voltaren XR, 100
What are the possible side effects of diclofenac (Voltaren XR)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using diclofenac and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance;
- black, bloody, or tarry stools;
- coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- swelling or rapid weight gain, urinating less than usual or not at all;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- neck stiffness, chills, increased sensitivity to light, purple spots on the skin, and/or seizure (convulsions); or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Less serious side effects may include:
- upset stomach, mild heartburn or stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation bloating, gas;
- dizziness, headache, nervousness;
- skin itching or rash;
- blurred vision; or
- ringing in your ears.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Voltaren XR (diclofenac sodium extended-release tablets) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about diclofenac (Voltaren XR)?
This medicine may cause life-threatening heart or circulation problems such as heart attack or stroke, especially if you use it long term. Do not use diclofenac just before or after heart bypass surgery (coronary artery bypass graft, or CABG).
Get emergency medical help if you have chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance.
This medicine may also cause serious effects on the stomach or intestines, including bleeding or perforation (forming of a hole). These conditions can be fatal and can occur without warning while you are taking diclofenac, especially in older adults.
Call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of stomach bleeding such as black, bloody, or tarry stools, or coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using any cold, allergy, or other pain medicine. Medicines similar to diclofenac are contained in many combination medicines. Taking certain products together can cause you to get too much of this type of medication. Check the label to see if a medicine contains aspirin, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, or naproxen.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your risk of stomach bleeding.
Additional Voltaren XR Information
- Voltaren XR Drug Interactions Center: diclofenac sodium oral
- Voltaren XR Side Effects Center
- Voltaren XR Overview including Precautions
- Voltaren XR FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Voltaren XR - User Reviews
Voltaren XR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options