"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration yesterday approved Rixubis [Coagulation Factor IX (Recombinant)] for use in people with hemophilia B who are 16 years of age and older. Rixubis is indicated for the control and prevention of bleeding episodes"...
- Do not use hydroxyethyl starch (HES) products, including Voluven®, in critically ill adult patients, including patients with sepsis, due to increased risk of mortality and renal replacement therapy.
- Do not use HES products, including Voluven®, in patients with severe liver disease.
- Do not use HES products, including Voluven®, in patients with known hypersensitivity to hydroxyethyl starch. [see General WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS]
- Do not use HES products in clinical conditions with volume overload.
- Do not use HES products in patients with pre-existing coagulation or bleeding disorders.
- Do not use HES products in patients with renal failure with oliguria or anuria not related to hypovolemia.
- Do not use HES products in patients receiving dialysis treatment.
- Do not use HES products in patients with severe hypernatremia or severe hyperchloremia.
- Do not use HES products in patients with intracranial bleeding.
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/13/2016
Additional Voluven Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.