"A set of proteins involved in the body's natural defenses produces a large number of mutations in human DNA, according to a study led by researchers at the National Institutes of Health. The findings suggest that these naturally produced mutat"...
VORAXAZE (glucarpidase) is indicated for the treatment of toxic plasma methotrexate concentrations ( > 1 micromole per liter) in patients with delayed methotrexate clearance due to impaired renal function.
Limitation of Use
VORAXAZE is not indicated for use in patients who exhibit the expected clearance of methotrexate (plasma methotrexate concentrations within 2 standard deviations of the mean methotrexate excretion curve specific for the dose of methotrexate administered) or those with normal or mildly impaired renal function because of the potential risk of subtherapeutic exposure to methotrexate.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Administer VORAXAZE as a single intravenous injection of 50 Units per kg.
Administer VORAXAZE intravenously as a bolus injection over 5 minutes. Flush intravenous line before and after administration of VORAXAZE.
- Reconstitute the contents of the vial with 1 mL of sterile saline for injection, USP.
- Roll and tilt the vial gently to mix. Do not shake.
- Inspect the vial and discard VORAXAZE if the solution is not clear, colorless, and free of particulate matter.
- Use reconstituted VORAXAZE immediately or store under refrigeration at 36° to 46°F (2° to 8°C) for up to 4 hours if not used immediately. VORAXAZE contains no preservative and is supplied as a single-use vial. Discard any unused product [see Storage and Handling].
Dosage Forms And Strengths
Lyophilized powder 1,000 Units per vial
Storage And Handling
VORAXAZE is supplied as a sterile, preservative-free white lyophilized powder in an individually packaged glass vial closed with a bromo butyl elastomeric stopper and blue flip-off seal.
1,000 Units of glucarpidase per vial (1 vial per carton) NDC 50633-210-11
Store VORAXAZE at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze. Do not use VORAXAZE after the expiration date on the vial.
Manufactured by: BTG International Inc., Brentwood, TN 37027. Distributed by: BTG International Inc., West Conshohocken, PA 19428. Revised: March 2013
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/15/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Voraxaze Information
- Voraxaze Drug Interactions Center: glucarpidase iv
- Voraxaze Side Effects Center
- Voraxaze FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.